You MUST generate a sample ID number for EACH piece of furniture or product for which you you want to submit a sample. If you are submitting samples for 3 different products (for example, for a sofa, recliner, and infant mattress), complete the form on the next page 3 times.
If you are sending in more than one piece of foam from the same product (e.g., 2 samples from different parts of a child car seat), please use one sample ID for that product, add "A" and "B" to the sample ID, and place them in separate bags.
Step 1: Fill Out Submission Form
Complete the sample submission form to generate your Sample ID Number. The link to this form can be found at the bottom of this page. The Sample ID Number links the information for each of your samples with the physical foam sample that is mailed to Duke. Without this Sample ID Number, we cannot guarantee that we can communicate the results to you. Your Sample ID Number will be emailed to you in a confirmation email, after your request is submitted.
Step 2: Prepare Foam Sample
For each piece of furniture, please
- Cut a piece of foam, 1 cubic centimeter in size (a little bigger than the size of a marble),
- Wrap the foam in aluminum foil,
- Place each foam sample in its own clean and re-sealable sandwich bag; be sure to completely seal the bag,
- Place a copy of the submission info (automatically emailed to you) in the bag with the sample, and
- Write the Sample ID Number on the re-sealable sandwich bag with a permanent marker.
Step 3: Mail Foam Sample & Copy of Confirmation Email
Enclose each of the prepared foam samples in an box or envelope and mail to:
Duke Superfund Foam Project
Box 90328 - LSRC
Durham, NC 27708